Global Math Project Webinar Series
Want to find out more about the Global Math Project and 2017’s Global Math Week?
This is the place! Join GMP’s founder, James Tanton and Scolab’s Mathematics Consultant, Sunil Singh as they discuss decluttering mathematics, joyful learning and The Global Math Project.
Registration for Episode 6 is open!
The sixth session of the multipart webinar series will air August 30th at 8pm Eastern Standard Time.
A recording of this session will be available to all! A link to the recording will be posted below.
- February 7th: Episode #1 – Join the Ride! (View Recording)
- March 7th: Episode #2 – Let’s Declutter Mathematics! (View Recording)
- April 11th: Episode #3 – The Exploding Dots Experience! (View Recording)
- June 6th: Episode #4 – It’s All About Ambassadors! (View Recording)
- July 17th: Episode #5 – Teaching Joyful Mathematics! (View Recording)
- August 30th: Episode #6 Register
- September 5th: Episode #7 – (Registration Not Yet Open)
- October 3rd: Episode #8 – (Registration Not Yet Open)
- October 9th: Episode #9 – (Registration Not Yet Open)
Believing that mathematics really is accessible to all, James Tanton (PhD, Mathematics, Princeton 1994) is committed to sharing the delight and the beauty of the subject. James currently serves as the Mathematician-at-Large for the Mathematical Association of America. He is in demand all over the world for his teacher and student workshops.
Over his 20 years of classroom experience and a decade of leadership, Sunil as acquired a deep amount of knowledge, particularly around the four distinct curricula: Common Core, Canadian, Cambridge IGCSE and the International Baccalaureate. He contributes on a regular basis to The New York Times Numberplay Blog. He is also a Global Math Project Ambassador and has a book called “Pi of Life: The Hidden Happiness of Mathematics” coming out in Fall 2017. He made us very proud when he accepted to join our team at Scolab.